The Inkwell

Clicky clicky typey typey clicky click

It is currently 23 Jun 2017, 20:09

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to The Inkwell!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view our off-topic, news and helpdesk departments.

Joining our free community will enable you to post your own creative works, critique the works of other users and discuss your works with like-minded writers.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: The Inkwell's Farewell - Closure on December 31, Please Read
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2015, 14:02 
Typewriter

Have thanks: 135 time
Hey everyone,

It's with great sadness that I have to announce this news, but it is - perhaps - something that has been on the cards for a while now.

Sparky and I have come to a mutual agreement that the Inkwell forum should finally come to a close. We've pushed through the past couple of years with very little activity and neither of us can dedicate the time to running it as full-time administrators, particularly with such a small amount of members still logging in to the forum. That being said though, we are incredibly grateful for those members who have stuck around, even in the quiet, ghostly times.

To name but a few of those members who have returned time and time again: Rob, Terra (or TV as some may know him), Lost in a Dream, Ashcloud, Arwa, and Rae-Chan. There's also those members who have been there since the forum's beginning such as Dice, Fantasy Girl (Beth), Blue-Eyed Devil, and Miss Smiley, as well as our newest member Lynx Firenze who has contributed quite actively recently. Thank you all, you were a big part of the forum and the writing posted here.

And to any of those who I haven't named - thank you so much for logging on to our small community. We've gained and lost members over the years, but we've still been a very tight knit group. In my time here, I believe I've spoken to every single member of our forum or, at the very least, commented on their work or read it.

A special thank you goes out to the forum's other two administrators, Lilith and Sparky. Lilith announced her departure from the forum a couple of months ago, though has been a big part of the forum, after all she is the founding member. We've had some great years and I thank her for that. Sparky has, perhaps, been in the background much more and has helped both Lilith and I with the little bits and bobs here and there, all equally important. So thank you both. :)

The work posted here has been tremendous. I've been very fortunate enough to read lots of the material here, though, to this day, I still find stories that I've never read years after they've been posted to the Inkwell. And that's a testament to how vast our forum is in the five (almost six!) wonderful years we've been active.

So with all the mushy bits out of the way. What does the forum's closure mean to you?

Our official closing date is on December 31, 2015. All members will have plenty of time to gather their work, if they wish to save it elsewhere, and there will be an email sent out to every one of you stating the closure date. All work will then be archived from January 2016 and onwards.

However, there is a silver lining. Inkblots and Typing Spots - our online magazine - will still continue. Though due to my other commitments, the magazine will be seasonal from January 2016, meaning there will be four issues - Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn. I've yet to iron out of all the specifics, but these issues won't necessarily be under any theme.

For those who do wish to contribute to the magazine, please do let me know and specify your current email address, if it is not the one you signed up with to the forum. Sending me work through to [email protected] will guarantee publication during our seasonal issues for ALL forum members. That means if you send me something, it will be subject to an edit by myself, and then it will be scheduled and published as per.

So what does this mean for the HHC and Fiction Frenzy? Well, these are still continuing. The HHC will have two themes over a space of three months and will be announced during the Inkblots Seasonal Editorial, while the Fiction Frenzy will continue once per year. I will generally send out emails to members to remind them of these events as well.

To reiterate then, if you do wish to contribute as and when you wish (when you are inspired, for a HHC or just because you have a particularly awesome story to share), please let me know your current email address - whether that's through a PM on here, FB or an email to [email protected].

Until December, the HHC will continue to be announced both on here and on the Inkblots editorial, with the recent HHC for October now open for posting.

Thank you for five wonderful years everyone. :)

- Silver and Sparky

Report this post

Post subject: Re: The Inkwell's Farewell - Closure on December 31, Please
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2015, 10:57 
Notepad

Have thanks: 22 time
Dear Silver and Sparky,
Many thanks for all your hard work. I would like to continue with the HHC (which is pretty much all I ever did anyway). [email protected].
Thanks
Rob.

Report this post

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2015, 18:39 
Scrap paper

Have thanks: 13 time
Thanks for all your hard work guys!
Its seriously been great being part of the forum over the past few years :)

~Lost

Am I nothing more than a line in your book?
<3

Report this post

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2015, 17:04 
Typewriter

Thanks Rob, I'll add your current email to our mailing list. :)

Thank you Lost. :) May I tempt you into our mailing list as well? I don't seem to have any other form of contacting you other than the forum, so if you do want to keep connected with forum members, the best way is through our FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/122142111200467/

It is a closed group though, so you'll need to let me know if you want to be added. Otherwise, feel free to connect with us on Twitter @inkblotswriting.

Report this post

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2015, 11:49 
Scrap paper

YES! I would love to stay connected - my primary email is [email protected] :D I think there is a gmail account associated with forum but its rarely checked.

<3

Report this post

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2015, 16:08 
Typewriter

Great, thanks. :) I'll add your email along with Rob's to our list now.

Also, Liad, I just stopped by your blog and didn't realise you'd landed in a new job - congrats! :) Enjoying it so far?

Report this post

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2015, 21:12 
Notepad

Have thanks: 23 time
Heyo,

It was really good fun over the years to be on this site. Many thanks to you guys for keeping it going this long and for taking the time to be so awesome! (:

My primary email right now is sadly my student one: [email protected]
My others are lost somewhere but slowly being found, plus there's a guarantee that the email will be read if it's sent there xD But I'd love to stay in touch with the web mag (:

All the bestest,
Terra

Heroes of the Storm : MurkyFelix#2984
Happy to play when my internet works!

How far along do you have to go before you believe your mistake was real?

Report this post

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2015, 21:31 
Typewriter

Thanks, Terra, glad you're happy to contribute to the mag.

Wow, that email is a strange one - even for a student email! I'll take a note of it, but you're most likely to need a professional email at some stage. :P

Report this post

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2015, 16:59 
Scrap paper

Thanks Silver! Yep, later than I hoped but I finally found a new job. Been there a month now and its been great so far. Everyone is very nice and its an really varied role :D

<3

Report this post

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2015, 19:53 
Typewriter

Aww, that's fab Liad. :) Glad you're enjoying it.

Report this post

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]