The Inkwell

Clicky clicky typey typey clicky click

It is currently 23 Jun 2017, 20:12

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to The Inkwell!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view our off-topic, news and helpdesk departments.

Joining our free community will enable you to post your own creative works, critique the works of other users and discuss your works with like-minded writers.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Elizabeth
PostPosted: 27 Jul 2015, 23:10 
Scrap paper

Have thanks: 13 time
Continuation from June's hhc :)
Spoiler:
The music was turned up now and the bar was more crowded, standing room only. Alecto kept her eyes focused towards the door and tuned into the guitar playing in the song, a clever trick she learned to block out the interfering thoughts. Auto pilot mode: she can deal with emotions later. She could feel herself gravitating towards the door in an almost trancelike state, oblivious to all around her.
A blonde lady in black, carrying a tray of empty glasses and olive bowls walked straight into the side of Alecto spilling the drinks everywhere.
Bewildered, Alecto took a moment to bring herself back in the room.
“Oh my god, I’m so sorry! It’s not on your dress is it?” the blonde said as picked up her fallen tray. The guy with glasses Alecto had seen outside earlier rushed to help the barmaid.
The glasses were just half full –not enough. Keep cool.
“Dress is fine, you ok?” Alecto said trying to act as calm as possible.
“I really wonder how I got this job sometimes. I’m so clumsy! Ill fetch you some more drinks. Where are you sitting?”
“Outside. Thanks, I would appreciate that”.
“I’ll take those.” the barmaid took the half empty glasses from Alecto’s hand and added them to the tray.
This had never happened before. Alecto works systematically, this was unchartered territory. In a daze she made her way towards the door. She would have to secure a future date with him. That was the last of her codexymol hydrochemine, she would have to get more tomorrow.
She smiled and sat down. He hadn’t left.
“Ditzy barmaid knocked the drinks out my hand, she’s going to bring us some more out.” Alecto explained.
A part of her was secretly pleased she hadn’t been able to give him the drink. Perhaps it was a good thing that she hadn’t been able to give him the drink, maybe he could help?

Thankfully, the conservation had now shifted away from the Academy and onto Alecto’s day at work. She claimed to be a freelance web designer. She took her role seriously. Alecto had notes and all over her desk and a good selection of design books on her shelf. However, on closer inspection, it was easy to see they were either untouched or outdated books from a charity shop.
She felt comfortable being in charge of the conversation. He listened intently, she was flattered. While she claimed never to be one who saw ‘signs’ part of her couldn’t help thinking maybe this was one, perhaps he wasn’t meant to die. She felt peculiarly energised by the event. He was no longer a mark tonight. This was borrowed time.
--
Little did Alecto know that mishap at the bar wasn’t a sign from fate, but a cleverly coordinated accident. Elizabeth or so the name on her name badge, now hidden by her blonde hair, claimed paid for the two drinks at the bar. She knew deep down Alecto and her date, Detective Anders, were good people. They deserved a chance to see that they were both being manipulated.

She balanced the glasses on a tray and carried the untampered drinks outside.

Am I nothing more than a line in your book?
<3

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]