The Inkwell

Clicky clicky typey typey clicky click

It is currently 23 Jun 2017, 20:10

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to The Inkwell!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view our off-topic, news and helpdesk departments.

Joining our free community will enable you to post your own creative works, critique the works of other users and discuss your works with like-minded writers.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: To prove
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2015, 16:00 
Notepad

Have thanks: 23 time
This month's HHC (:

Spoiler:
I wouldn't call it anything other than what it was. Things happened and I just got on with life. The way people tell you to shouldn't have to dictate certain things but because they're "bigger" than you it does. Even still, you get to have your way occasionally; though it pales in comparison to how often they get they're way.

The way to do things is in secret. That often works since to observe and criticise something you must first know about it. So if they never know about it, they cannot do a thing. The triads that were in The Hatch were actually quite nice despite whatever crimes they were accused of. One of them told me she could help me do what I wanted, help me get revenge for what they did to my friend. Even though it wasn't 'them' at fault this time. It was more like 'him'.

Her name was Lipi. She was from the south and locked in the binding chains, the sort that inhibit the use of vintage powers. Even though I couldn't break them, she still taught me a lot. She gave me elixir to awaken some powers, others she guided me towards. Pretty soon I had all the strength the someone my age was capable of wielding.

Vintage however was highly illegal for common people. It was only used by the elite hunters that 'they' owned and by those in the south. Even though it was frowned upon for the latter, it was still tolerated up until a certain distance from the border. Since it was such an exclusive art as well, it could be identified pretty easily. Luckily for me, Lipi had been observing my crystal magic and taught me how to hide vintage within the crystal. "Since crystal is in your soul, you can do everything through your own soul." That was what she told me.

She had been a good teacher, given that it was through the constrains of The Hatch, and I felt proud, that a little girl such as myself, had been such a good pupil. I owed it all to her. As I stood over his body, I felt my heart give a little skip and my crystal flare a little brighter. Maybe I was built for the killing buisness. At the very least, I had proved to myself that little girls such as myself can have quality time with a boy; and make sure it's his blood that's spilt, rather than her's.

Heroes of the Storm : MurkyFelix#2984
Happy to play when my internet works!

How far along do you have to go before you believe your mistake was real?

Post subject: Re: To prove
PostPosted: 15 Nov 2015, 19:38 
Typewriter

Have thanks: 135 time
Ooh, I think I missed this HHC back in July, Terra! What a dark and great little read. Sneaky.

I'm so glad I read it now as I've been on the lookout for a HHC that's a little magical for the Winter issue of Inkblots. With that said, I'll be publishing it on November 15th - today. :)

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]