The Inkwell

Clicky clicky typey typey clicky click

It is currently 23 Jun 2017, 20:12

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to The Inkwell!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view our off-topic, news and helpdesk departments.

Joining our free community will enable you to post your own creative works, critique the works of other users and discuss your works with like-minded writers.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Describe the Previous Poster
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2012, 18:02 
Typewriter

Have thanks: 120 time
OK, in this game you have to describe, in vast detail, the person who posted last in the topic. Obviously most of us know nothing about how our forumy friends look in real life, so you're going to have to make it all up! If you end up describing someone who has already been described, don't worry - you get to write something totally different. In case there's any confusion, I'll provide an example or two to kick the game off, and after that you can work out what's going on just by reading the thread. Good luck, and be creative!

1st post - James Henry Button - re: Lilith
Lilith is a vampire from the fjords of Norway, with pale skin and long skinny arms, and blonde hair that she never brushes because she enjoys looking like she just got out of bed. She lives in a cave, and only comes out twice a month, around midnight, to kill rabbits. She is sociopathic in the extreme. Don't go to Norway.

2nd post - 234879Bear - re: James Henry Button
What? That sounded like a wildlife documentary.
He sits at the window, drumming his fingers against the glass and watching the raindrops race towards the lower sill, hoping that if one beats the other then the sun will come out again, and he can go to play in the garden. His nose is snub, his cheeks rosy, and his dark blonde hair is smoothed down either side of a perfectly straight central parting, brushed into position by a loving mother or nanny.

3rd post - Lilith - re: 234879Bear
Wind at his back, sword held in hand, he gazes down from the clifftops at the smoking ruins of Hethlington, and sighs a mighty sigh. The great warrior 2345879Bear is but a day too late.

And so on. Enjoy!

D'aww. :) Meep!

Post subject: Re: Describe the Previous Poster
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2012, 22:41 
Scrap paper

Have thanks: 3 time
Lilith is the high priestess of Blibdoolpoolp in the subterranian city of the Kuo-toa. Calling upon the divine might of the Sea Mother she assisted the Szarkai Drow priestess of Kiaransaleen, Irae T'sarran, overthrow the Lolth worshippers of the city of Maerimydra after the Queen of Spiders fell silent. Now armed with the alliegience of Maerimydra and Chad Nessad, Lilith plots the glorius return of her people to the surface when they shall take rightful place as masters of the hated soft-skins who drove them underground so long ago.

I appreciate the vote of confidence.

Quote:
L.K. - REWARD! Stolen magic ring! Coming from a set of 20, this one is the most powerful...
V.H. - Leave it, I don't care about lost trinkets

Last edited by Eruantien on 16 Mar 2012, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2012, 16:47 
Ringbinder

Location: You do not know. You do not care. These are not the droids you're looking for. Move along.
Have thanks: 15 time
Eruantien smiles at himself in the mirror for what must be the seventh time in the last half hour. He can't help himself, really. He's just so pretty.
Every now and then, something diverts his attention - a knife slipping off the bench into the snub-nosed scullery maid's toe, the cook screaming at him for the beans and mash, the Count calling him to the parlour to speak to him.
But he always finds himself looking and smiling at himself in the mirror.

Because, really... what's not to like?

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2012, 20:46 
Scrap paper

Have thanks: 12 time
They call her Miss Smiley, and as nicknames go it's not entirely untrue. She does smile a lot; that ice-cold predator's grin never leaves her face as she spins slowly on an office chair in her immaculate grey suit. Most people don't notice the coal-black hair, or the scar over her left eye, or the stubby automatic pistol held almost daintily in one gloved hand- they notice the smile. Usually, it's the last thing they ever see.
They call her Miss Smiley, and her fingers are in many pies.
God help you if you touch one of them.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2012, 14:21 
Ringbinder

Location: You do not know. You do not care. These are not the droids you're looking for. Move along.
Touche.

:)

Now you must die. :P (I like the scar. Nice touch!)

Bobartles was a man of simple pleasures, a man of wisdom and of particular reason. Or at least, that's what he told himself as he strapped the cat to the gurney and got out the scalpel. He stood, surveying his latest catch as it lay unconscious before him. Pendraggles hadn't lied when he'd told him about the kangaroo meat - it really was the best bait for these animals. It was too bad that it cost so much to import.

But that didn't phase Bobartles even slightly, he narrated to himself, swelling as the symphony in his head crescendoed to heroic heights. Science was a cause worth splurging for!

:D

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2012, 16:42 
Notepad

Have thanks: 37 time
Smiley was and always will be.
Smiley had and always will have.
She was at the end, and will be at the beginning.
From Dusk til Dawn til Dusk.

Smiley is all.

all of which comprised the arcane star.
----------------------------------------

Meow

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2012, 01:37 
Ringbinder

:D Why, thank you.

King Doishy surveyed his kingdom from the roof of his palace. In the quiet darkness, he could make out the crystal-cut forms of the cupolas of the church, the gentle rising of the Lord Mayor's house and the vague milling of people in the streets below. He wasn't sure why they were milling at this time of night - they didn't have any shortage of flour, so it seemed a little unnecessary.

The king shrugged to himself and surveyed the sky. I'll probably see their neighbours this Saturday for the tribunal... His shoulders sagged. What joy.

He lay back on the roof and counted the stars, knowing that, in minutes, they would be drowned out by the dawn. For the last four nights, he'd come up here, escaping his insomnia and his new bride, arranged for him by his ambitious mother. The fact that Doishy and the new queen had very little to nothing in common was clear evidence of his mother's ambitious schemes, though Lord knew what they included this time.

Doishy sighed and wished vainly that once... just once, his mother would behave herself.

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2012, 17:25 
Typewriter

Have thanks: 51 time
The self-named Miss Smiley, an odd choice it is to be said, but who would question the choice of such a villian. A mighty villian ruling over her underground empire with that cold expressionless face as its symbol of fear.
Yes they fear her. Her schemes, her heists, not to mention the assassinations. Cruel and twisted she influences the world above her empire, the right bribe, the right nudge, the right murder can alter the world towards her plan. They all know of her, though none who live have seen her, many killed by her did not see her. Some call her a genius, some say she's mad, but either way, if you find yourself in her way, prepare to hear her words.
Smile? You will not see one on her face, it is said as she torments her victims her sadistic humour is so cruel not even she laughs. Her voice, they say is twisted. While you cry through the pain of your final seconds she whispers to you the last words you'll ever hear: "Are you not happy? I'm happy, I'm very happy."

(that went a little dark... now quite scared of Miss Smiley :/)

"The story of The Beginning is my story, and if I’m going to tell it, you are not going to interrupt or question anything I tell you. Everything I will say is the truth, and you will take it as such."
Maebh, The Last Maysa

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012, 15:40 
Ringbinder

O.O I'm always a villain... I think I'll go away and cry now...

They called him Dice, after the craps table. No one knew his real name. In fact, I doubt even Dice knew his real name - it had been so long since anyone had addressed him so personally. Years, in fact. 5 years and 3 months.

It wasn't that Dice hadn't moved on from her. He had plenty of ladies willing enough to take her spot and had over the years, more than willingly.

And yet...

He met the hazel eyes of the girl at the bar, watching him over the top of her drink surreptitiously. Meeting his eyes, she blushed deeply and dropped her gaze.

Dice smirked inwardly. Not surreptitiously enough. He drew the dice towards him again with the hook. "I'm sorry, sir, but snake eyes is a direct foul. I'm afraid you're out."

His patron groaned heavily.

Dice ignored him out of habit. He frowned to himself as his eyes drew back to the girl at the bar. He knew... he knew she didn't have the answers he was looking for. Tomorrow, she'd just be another face, another body he'd held. He'd wake up in the middle of the night again, holding her, thinking it was... well...

Her.

Dice sighed and, sinking into the familiar loneliness again, figured one more drop of poison couldn't hurt him that much. He checked his watch. 5 minutes until the end of duty. Then, he'd saunter over to the girl at the bar and they'd leave together. And maybe tonight, somewhere in there, he'd forget about her for maybe just a minute.

Maybe.

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012, 15:52 
Typewriter

God, well I'm depressing haha
-------------

Miss Smiley, one of the many names of the Goddess of Happiness and Love, the Good Lady, another.

When you feel alone and sad it is her power you can feel in the embrace of the one you love. She knows when your sad and when someone who loves you wishes nothing more than to make you better, it is her power and warmth that channels through your lover and lifts you heart once more.

-----
Any better? :P

"The story of The Beginning is my story, and if I’m going to tell it, you are not going to interrupt or question anything I tell you. Everything I will say is the truth, and you will take it as such."
Maebh, The Last Maysa

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012, 16:10 
Ringbinder

So much that I can't even describe how good my dreams are going to be tonight. :P

Dice laughed as his girlfriend pulled playfully at his hair. "Stop that."

He took her hands in his and smiled down at her.

Dice was undoubtedly the happiest man in the world. He had the uncanny knack of catching your eye just in time to reduce you to a giggling mess, incapable of individual movement. His smile was imperfect sunshine. It was dangerous to be around him like that - who knew what madness would capture your heart, driving you to impossible things, impossible deeds?

In short, he was utterly thrilling.

Better? :D

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012, 16:22 
Typewriter

Miss Smiley wrote:
So much that I can't even describe how good my dreams are going to be tonight. :P

Dice laughed as his girlfriend pulled playfully at his hair. "Stop that."

He took her hands in his and smiled down at her.

Dice was undoubtedly the happiest man in the world. He had the uncanny knack of catching your eye just in time to reduce you to a giggling mess, incapable of individual movement. His smile was imperfect sunshine. It was dangerous to be around him like that - who knew what madness would capture your heart, driving you to impossible things, impossible deeds?

In short, he was utterly thrilling.

Better? :D

Miss Smiley, one with the power to know exactly what another is like, even from the other side of the world with only a forum to communicate

:P

Maebh, The Last Maysa

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012, 16:29 
Ringbinder

Dice - a term coined right now to define any gentleman endowed with a silver tongue. :P

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012, 16:37 
Typewriter

Miss Smiley: one with unquestionable ability to understand people :P

Proper one I thought of earlier:

Miss Smiley: the patron saint of forums, before her forums were black and white text where the closet thing to a smile was a colon and a bracket. Now all enjoy in her uplifting, colourful presence

:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

Maebh, The Last Maysa

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012, 20:16 
Notepad

Dice or D.I.C.E as should be properly stated.

Director of Intensive Creative Education.
It was the dawn of a new millenium (well about a few years in but hey) and Lilith was at the top of her game. Her forum was rolling but she realised something was up, creativity was going down! To combat this decline she programmed D.I.C.E. Something to act as a muse or promote freedom and expression throughout the forums.
Something went wrong.
People started to shun D.I.C.E's ideas favouring their own, soon it began to learn what the forumites wanted, and that what they wanted did not coincide with that it...no...HE wanted.

Last message known from the Forum previously known as 'The Inkwell' now termed "Dead Zone Alpha" -

" He has replied to everything.........everything.............................." *Transmission ends*

Meow

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2012, 13:06 
Typewriter

Doishy is the amicably given name commonly used in referrence to The High Doish, Arch-Mage and leader of the Academy of Magic.

The High Doish is not, as widely believed the greatest wielder of magic nor the greatest teacher, in truth the holder of this honoured position need not wield magic at all. He is however the possessor of more Magical Knowledge and understanding of its nature than any in the academy, and by deduction, than any in the known world. It is his duty, as was the duty of all High Doishes, to research, expand and amend the Academy's greatest tomb and embodiment of all magical knowledge entitled: A Scientific Reference to Magic. This mighty tomb has see more additions, alterations and revisions than the sum of all Mages who have ever read the tomb due to the ever expanding knowledge and changes in magical lore. It is for this reason the High Doish is position of great importance and reverence.

Maebh, The Last Maysa

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2012, 13:37 
Ringbinder

For some reason, that reminds me of the Discworld novels...

Dice: (n.) Not to be confused with 'douche'. Slang term for any reader of particularly vociferous, yet highly amusing and often irrefutable invective. Said to be attributed to the first Lord of Dice, Lord Dice, in Vitaminia, whose wit, in the presence of those whose wit did not flow long, flowed long indeed, often resulting in bad-tempered and thus, mannered guests and countless unsuccessful lawsuits, through which, Lord Dice ended his days in inexorbitant wealth.

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2012, 12:32 
Typewriter

Miss SMiley, who;d have known who was hidden in our midsts, cunningly hiding in her Alias. A famous figure with light brown hair and blue eyes. Who else but Miss Hannah Miley, good luck in the Olympics Hannah.

Oh it could be that other one....

Maebh, The Last Maysa

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2012, 15:29 
He stepped into the light and sighed. Dice sure liked the sun, but the shadows always drew him closer, toying with his mind. Strangely he never went near them. Well, he use to spend his days in shadows waiting, watching, with a glint in his eye and a blade he used with unnatural skill. Gone were the days he wore a cloak to cover his stubbled face.

Oh, you don't know? Dice is an ex-assasin.

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2012, 15:55 
Notepad

Edge of midnight before darkness' peak,
Edge of the shadows is where you should seek,
Edge of the world is where she calls home,
Edge of time is where she writes her tomes.

- Ravings found in a small cave by a supposed madman/convict. Subject appears sane enough, may have to investigate this one.

Meow

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2012, 16:07 
Oooooh I like that :D

Yet again the man laughed and giggled his way out of the pub, his thick irish accent imitated and his green hat towered above his other drunk friends. Doishy was going to wake-up to a banging headache but a mind full of ideas for his writing world, so he thought this night was a good idea. And he's only drunk if he has to hold onto the floor to lie down.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2012, 04:58 
Ringbinder

Her minions called her Midnight, mainly because she told them to. Because honestly, who calls their child the Edge of Midnight? So what if that's when she was born?! Her parents should never have been so cruel! All the taunting at school, all the ridiculous nicknames... the thought would have made her mind want to peel off and scamper away, if it hadn't already.

But it would all be made up for tonight. Oh, yes. They'd regret that they ever had called her 'Edgy'...

"Midnight, why are you shaking your fist at the bare air?"

Midnight whirled around in her wheelchair, grey ringlets framing the wizened face and stark crazy eyes, to see her attendant-minion watching her, one eyebrow raised. She'd get them... she'd get all them damn nurses... she continued thought-narrating to herself.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2012, 21:32 
Notepad

A quiet girl, she always looked quite sad hidden behind her book in the corner, that is if you could see her face. She hid from most people, talking rarely and only in few words if at all. That is until one day she found something, something floating in the harbour water. Mistaking it for a person she leaped in trying to save them, almost drowning because of her frail arms but she returned to the surface and found that it was not a person she had leaped to save but a small wooden mask.

Shivering, tired, and slightly feverish she slowly turned it round, looking through the eyeholes and brought it towards her face.

A flash of green light, music flared up, lights came on all around and in the middle, yellow dress clinging and hair all down with her face of green and a huge grin upon her.

"Smokin'"

Meow

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2012, 06:22 

Have thanks: 0 time
Doishy; class clown, athletic, role model. Tall. Very tall. So tall in fact, that the basketball team would sell their souls for him on their side. Only one problem, though. sfairesphobia. Look it up.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2012, 18:29 
One of the files found at the local asylum

When we first obtained 'Crazy Jinx' we decided it would be best for him to settle down with his new roomate. However problems had already began to arise with the occuring rituals, where his cellmate ended up being painted all over the body with unknown substances and decorated in jewels that had slipped through our security search. Jibberings and moans echo through the asylum's halls, and soon the inmates became wary of their new companion. In interviews Crazy Jinx explained he was looking for the perfect sacrifice, and an average citizen would not suffice. This was his excuse for the homocidal murders of several models, and this is all we can get out of him.

We continue to survey Crazy Jinx.

(I'm pretty sure you're not like that, Crazy Jinx. Well I hope not, anyway :D )

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2012, 04:32 

Have thanks: 0 time
Spoiler:
I love it, and I guarantee i'm not like that in RL. ALTHOUGH if you hear of strange ritualistic killings in NZ 'twasn't me ;]

There are countless tales of the great and fearless Ole Skallagrimson, hero of the resistance. Select few, though, are aware of his younger sister, dwelling in the shadow of her great brother. When she was 19 years of age, she left her small home town on a pilgrimage to the uncharted forest to the north, known only as 'midnight'. No one, to this day, has survived the trek to the far side and back. the legend tells that after four months, and being presumed dead, she returned, mad, rambling about an enemy of one mind and a thousand bodies taking over the world, and she was immediately put into an asylum. presumably she was still there, safely locked away, when the uniforms came. it is known not whether she survived, and she has remained nameless. history knows her only by her greatest accomplishment. She reached the edge of midnight.

watcha think?

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2012, 09:53 
Notepad

[email protected]!nx, [email protected]!nx, does whatever a J!nxer can.
Curse a man, now he's dead, took a fall upon his head,
Look out! Here comes a [email protected]!nx.

Can he spell? Listen man, it's better than his punctuation.
Can he hex, anyone? Abacadabra and his foes are gone.
Help me!
Here comes the [email protected]!nx!

He's found me, there's no time left,
Must warn forum before I end up dead,
remember, I was killed by [email protected]!nx.............killed by Cr@............................................................

[email protected]!nx wrote:
Spoiler:
I love it, and I guarantee i'm not like that in RL. ALTHOUGH if you hear of strange ritualistic killings in NZ 'twasn't me ;]

Nae, twas me all along!

Meow

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2012, 11:50 
Ringbinder

Doishy peered through the darkness around him, eyes keenly watching for spies and ninjas. He knew they were real. He knew they'd be watching him. Mum and Dad probably set them up in the kitchen just to make absolute sure that Doishy wouldn't sneak in.

Nothing. Nothing stirred. Nothing moved. All was silent.

Doishy looked up at the top of the fridge from his perch on a dining room chair, the type his mother told him never to stand on. He grinned.

Cookies...

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2012, 12:54 
Spoiler:
I like it Jinx :D It sounds like me having an arch-enemy of sorts, and going mad :)

The meadow was of course her favourite place to go. It wasn't exactly extravagant like the villagers thought she would like, based on her dazzling smile and hollywood looks, but at dusk, you would find her sitting in the middle of the meadow, watching the amber ball of light sink into the forest outskirts. Always.

She always had a cat, a brown tabby cat, at her side. The lady would walk through the streets and grin at the youngsters as they play on the streets. She would nod at me, at the time of 5:47pm, on the dot as she strolled by. The bench which I always sit on usually had a space beside me, and somedays, she would take a moment of rest and sit by me, talking about anything and everything.

To no one's surpirise, she had many suitors trying to woo her with expensive gifts and trips to the city, but one man won her heart, eventually. It was the quiet boy of the village, not known for his strength and size, but for his handsome looks and kind heart. The girl I speak of is in a tale, told by parents and grandparents. The maiden that smiled through pain and saved the village with just a smile. No one knew her name, but I always call her Miss Smiley.

Miss Smiley, my Goddess of Happiness.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2012, 13:44 
Ringbinder

Spoiler:
Why, thank you. I do try. :P

Midnight ran her fingers through her ebony-black hair again, feeling the short silken tresses against her fingertips, cutting short where it ran out. She chuckles at herself, her fingers not knowing where to slow before the ends, more familiar with the old length of her hair. It used to fall to her waist. Now it raises itself in little kiss-curls at the nape of her neck. This amuses her. It has to amuse her. If she stops laughing at herself, at the way her shocked fingers keep slipping off the smooth strands, at how pixie-ish her face looks now, she'll remember why she cut it so short. And that's when the memories will come, falling like her hair did in the salon, like black feathers drifting to earth, rent from tender plumage.

She bites her lip and stares into her eyes in the mirror, as ice blue as her heart feels. Ice has to melt sometime, right? I've got to stop feeling numb sometime, right?

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]