The Inkwell

Clicky clicky typey typey clicky click

It is currently 23 Jun 2017, 20:09

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to The Inkwell!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view our off-topic, news and helpdesk departments.

Joining our free community will enable you to post your own creative works, critique the works of other users and discuss your works with like-minded writers.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Silver's Running the 5k Race for Life for Cancer Research UK
PostPosted: 09 May 2015, 18:38 
Typewriter

Have thanks: 135 time
Hey guys!

So I've got a bit of awesome news for you and it's something that I've really wanted to participate in for a while. But this year, I shall be running the 5k Race for Life in order to raise money for Cancer Research UK. On July 5, I'll be taking to the streets of York with my best friend and her sister, as well as three other girls, and running (dancing and skipping too!) in a pink tutu for just over 3 miles.

We are running under the group name, "The Super Heroines Kicking Cancer for the Greater Good" - which is comprised of the first letter of each of our names. Earlier this year, my best friend's Nana was diagnosed with terminal liver cancer, I grew up with this wonderful woman and, in many ways, she became my second Nana after mine died when I was 15. It's not just my second Nana that has suffered from cancer though, but my Gran has battled breast cancer twice and survived both times. If it wasn't for the great work of Cancer Research UK and the incredible donations made over the years, my Gran probably wouldn't be here right now. And as she's my last surviving grandparent, I treasure the time I have left with her.

So for those of you who know me quite well, I'm usually a private person and try not to ask for much from others. But, in this instance, I'd love if you could spare a few pennies or pounds to donate on our Just Giving page. And even if you can't make a donation, please share the Just Giving page on social networks with your friends and help us to raise as much money as possible for this great charity.

I know Cancer is a horrible disease, and it touches so many of our lives in different ways. The 5k Race for Life may not seem a great distance, but all six of us will be smiling, dancing, running, skipping, jumping and cheering throughout it.

In the next few weeks, I'll be sharing this story over my personal blog and trying to get the word out there are much as I can. :)

Thank you ever so much for reading this and donating or sharing. And I can't wait to take part in it all on July 5!

Link to our Just Giving page in case you can't see it hidden up there in the post: https://www.justgiving.com/TSHKCGG

- Silver / Colette

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Silver's Running the 5k Race for Life for Cancer Researc
PostPosted: 05 Jun 2015, 02:33 
Typewriter

Have thanks: 120 time
Proud of you! *Goes to donate*

D'aww. :) Meep!

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Silver's Running the 5k Race for Life for Cancer Researc
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2015, 09:18 
Typewriter

Have thanks: 135 time
Forgot all about updating this post - but we managed to raise just shy of £500 for Cancer Research UK between the six of us, woop! And we all crossed the finish line holding hands as part of a unified team in 45 minutes. Thanks to everyone who shared the post or donated, it really does mean a lot. :)

Report this post

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]